Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Best Buttermilk Pancakes (Eggless Version Too)

Okay, so I've been trying to find the best from scratch pancakes for awhile now.  I've tried recipes from blogs, the Food Network, and from Allrecipes, and although I found some good ones, they were all lacking something, so I decided to just take what I liked and make my own.  After some tweaking, I came up with this:

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup organic all purpose flour *
  • 1 cup organic whole wheat flour *
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 1/4 cups buttermilk *
  • 1/4 cup butter melted
Directions:
  1. Preheat and lightly grease a large skillet or electric griddle (I set my griddle between 325 - 350 degrees)
  2. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.  Add the egg, buttermilk, and butter, stir together LIGHTLY.  Keep some LUMPS.  LUMPS ARE GOOD!  The batter should look thick, spongy, and puffy.
  3. Drop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto cooking surface.  I use a large ice cream scoop to do this.  It helps keep all the pancakes the same size.  Spread lightly with the bottom of the scoop and cook until lightly browned on each side.  About 1-2 minutes per side.

Notes:
*You do not have to use organic.  
*You do not have to use whole wheat.  You can simply do 2 cups of all purpose flour. 
*You can add a little more buttermilk if you like your pancakes thinner.  I tried one batch with just whole milk and it was good, but not great.  

Enjoy!  

For the eggless version, do the exact same thing, but substitute the egg for one smashed medium sized banana.  It actually comes out almost the same.  My family can rarely taste the difference.  Now if you really want to taste the banana then add two medium sized banana instead of one - you can also drop some blueberries in the batter.  YUM! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath - Personal picture

Weather

 
Random Entries Blog Design by Ipietoon