Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sears Sucks

My nightmare began about three weeks ago when I set my dishwasher to wash, right before bedtime, like I always do because it's the most energy efficient time.  The next morning I woke up to ankle-deep-water in my fist floor and my basement was raining.  As I was coming down the stairs I wondered why my home smelled like a log cabin, you know, kinda musty.  It wasn't until I stepped into cold water that I realized why and then it took me about a minute to process and a few seconds to start screaming and crying. My two middle kids cried along with me and then we ran upstairs to wake my oldest son up.  


When my teen came downstairs we called my husband, who instructed him to shut off the main water valve when the one under the sink didn't stop the water from gushing out of my dishwasher.  We then tried to clean up the mess with towels which was a never ending job.  I am so proud of my son.  He worked hard that morning without complaining and when I told him to take a break he said "I can't mom.  I have to clean up our home."  


When my husband came home he tried using the Shop-Vac to help clean up, but it was useless.  I then called my best friend to pick up my two middle kids and then my home owner's insurance to report the damage.  My home owner's insurance sent a company to clean up the water. I must write a review on this company, ServePro, because they have the NICEST men working for them.  These guys were so courteous, respectful, and sympathetic to what we were going through.  They had to rip out our NEW floors and leave these huge dehumidifiers and fans to dry up the water.  Oh my, the next few days were a nightmare.  My home reached a temperature of 95 degrees because we were not allowed to turn on the AC or open the windows.  There was dust everywhere and the noise level was crazy.  We had to shout just to hear each other. 


Anyway, in the mix of all this I called Sears to come repair the dishwasher.  This happened on a Saturday and the earliest appointment for them to come out was Tuesday - not my first choice, but not unreasonable.  What was unreasonable was their repairman trying to blame my water for a faulty valve and then not having the part to fix my dishwasher.  He said hard water was at fault because the mineral build up disrupted the valve from closing.  This makes sense and is a reasonable explanation.  However,  there was no proof of this.  When my husband asked why he came to this conclusion, the repairman was at a lost for words and said it was a "hunch." In my development everyone has the same water and yet, I am the only one whose dishwasher failed because of it.  We aren't talking about a 20 year old dishwasher.  This baby is only five years old.  Not only that, but we splurged for stainless steel, not just the outside, but the tub too and it's an "Elite" model.  There was no sign of mineral build up on the valve or anywhere in the dishwasher. The repairman said that he could not do anything else without the needed part and put an order in for it from our home.  We asked when the part would arrive and he replied, "next Tuesday."  My husband then had to ask if a rush delivery could be requested.  We were told yes, and a delivery date of Thursday was given.  The repairman said that if we received the part before Tuesday that we could call him for an earlier repair appointment. 

Thursday came nothing. Friday, nothing. Weekend and Monday, nada. Finally, it was Tuesday evening and I hadn't heard anything from Sears, so I called.  Mind you that my entire home is in disarray and repairs are at a standstill until the dishwasher is repaired.  My home owner's insurance will not proceed until the repairs are done. So when I called Sears, the first two people I spoke to gave me the run around. The third person, told me that she would put a request so that the "Parts Department" could call me. An hour later the Parts Department called me to let me know that the valve was out of stock and would not be available until May 31 st!  Seven weeks from that day!  Almost two months!  I couldn't help, but cry.  I asked to speak to a manager and from this point on I spoke to about 5 different departments.  I pleaded with them.  I explained that I have four children, including a newborn baby.  I explained that my husband is a Fire Fighter and in the military, that I am mostly alone dealing with a house that is not function-able.  "Sorry Mrs. T***** all we can do is give you a $50 gift certificate."  Are you kidding me?!  That's like telling a gunshot victim, "here, put this Band-aid on."  I told that person "Fifty dollars?  Ma'am, I have no floors what is a fifty dollar gift certificate suppose to do about that?"  I asked if there was any way that I can get a new dishwasher since the part was almost two months away from being available and I was told that my warranty would not cover that.  The only way I could get a dishwasher issued to me is if the old one is "not repairable."  So we paid the extra $200 + for a warranty that is basically useless.  I am so frustrated.  My home owner's insurance cannot go after Sears because in the state that I live in we have passed the statue of limitations. 

I feel that Sears is a heartless company, that they would allow four children to live in a home, under these conditions for two months.  I am so upset.  I am sure that if I were the daughter of some top Sears Executive I would have had a new dishwasher the very next day.  My husband and I were loyal customers of Sears, not anymore.  
.

3 comments:

  1. To Yvette,
    My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and I am very concerned about what I have read here. I want to assure you that Sears does not want you and your family to continue living without a dishwasher for 2 months and we apologize for the damage you are dealing with and the bad customer service you have received thus far. We would like the opportunity to step in and help you. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Yvette) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

    Thank you,
    James H.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too purchased a refrigerator from SEARS. Worst experience ever. We waited 10 years to buy an new refrigerator so I went online to pick one out, put it in my cart, and then we drove to sears to look at the actual model. Came back home and bought the color and model I wanted. I always print out all the specifics for my records.
      We stayed home to receive it and the delivery truck parked out on the street. I felt that there must be something sneaky going on so I went out to the street where they were tearing off the cardboard, plastic wrap, and styrofoam packaging. Well I could see immediately it was not the color I specified, they brought the wrong color refrigerator. I showed the driver my print out of the color choice and refused deliver. He then put me in touch with some supervisor in delivery where I was assured that they would send the correct color one on Saturday. The delivery folks left in a pissed off huff and a wake of debris from the box. Well since then I have had 11 calls and 4 emails notifying me that they are cancelling my order and that it will be 7-8 days before my $1,800.00 is credited back. I called customer service several times to get this resolved but they are located in another remote part of the earth and cannot read or comprehend simple requests. They could care less if they sell anything.
      Sears Holdings Corporation could care less if you are a satisfied customer. The customer service is non existent or sloppy. Buying a major appliance is very expensive especially in these times. Buying should be an easy, fun and pleasant experience not a twisted freak show. Go to Hell I will never buy another thing from SEARS or KMart.

      Delete
  2. paid 14,880.45 dollars for this type of service.

    sears home services salesmen misleads u in their roof sales presentation. contract is done on a cd for your computer.mine malfuctioned making it unable for u to read your contract. also making it to late to cancel in 3 days notice. now u are in a binding contract. sears did not mention fine print in their contract or fine print of manufactures material being used.mfg.only guarantees u a good roof shingle. if installed not to mfg.specs. like mine an most likely all roofs. mfg.voids their product warranty .salesmen does not tell u that.

    my roof was installed by their sub contractor an failed county code inspection 3 times.sears management ignored me on installation issues after multiple phone calls.managed to contact a state senator about my problem. only after that did sears respond. they had to remove a brand new shingled roof do to improper installation . i documented the complete installation of the roof .also did the same the second time.pictures of shingle nailing.sheathing drip edge ridge vents also video. pictures dont lie.new contractor for second reshingle tried to scam me on plywood that was to be repaired caught him with pics. roof is installed just as bad as first time.if not worse.passed code inspection.they are unable to see how shingles are nailed after the sun beats on them. code does not care about shoddy workmenship code is immune from prosecution. .both contractors did damage to my ceilings.both say it was not their men. contractor says men were not in attic they were in there to remove nails that miss trusses.i have video of them coming out of attic. in my opinion how can u trust a company that hires contractors that lies an are unable to install a roof to code an mfg.spec. SEARS u are the most shameful misleading co. Florida residents if u have to have a roof done avoid the SEARS

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath - Personal picture

Weather

 
Random Entries Blog Design by Ipietoon