Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Island Beneath the SeaIsland Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A great book to me is one that stays with you even after you are done reading. It's when the characters become so real that you can vividly depict them in your mind; you feel something for them - love, hate, compassion, anger... This book definitely meets these criteria. The story unfolds effortlessly and captivates your imagination so photographically that you feel like you are there. Allende does not disappoint. Her writing is beautiful. Yes, this book doesn't have as much mythism as The House of Spirits, but it still has a lot of symbolism and spirituality that is appropriate for the setting, era, and characters. Definitely a great read and that I highly recommend.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath - Personal picture

Weather

 
Random Entries Blog Design by Ipietoon