Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest
Far Away Home, an American Historical NovelFar Away Home, an American Historical Novel by Susan Denning
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have mixed feelings about this book. The beginning was intriguing and I was immediately drawn to the main character and her world. I loved that it began in NYC and enjoyed the historical references. The early characters had depth and the plot was very rich. HOWEVER, somewhere in the middle-end the author's writing fell off. The characters were not as believable as they had been in the beginning and some of the cameo characters were unnecessary. Did the author run out of steam? Who knows? Seriously, it's almost as if two different people partook in the writing of this book; one very amazing writer and one not so much. At times there were characters that were introduced in such an odd manner that I didn't know who the heck they were. Also, there was one line in the book that was so confusing that I re-read it three times before I figured out that it must be an old saying. I then looked it up and I was correct.

This book could've been AMAZING. It's so sad that it just fell off. The ending sucked, unless she writes another book that picks up where this one left off, then I guess it wouldn't be so bad. I know that the ending was suppose to be profound, but the writing was so weak that it didn't have that effect, instead it felt unfinished.



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath - Personal picture

Weather

 
Random Entries Blog Design by Ipietoon