Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

The Sleepeasy Solution: The Exhausted Parent's Guide to Getting Your Child to Sleep from Birth to Age 5

I am really skeptical when it comes to books that "supposedly" help you get your baby to sleep. In desperation I downloaded this book into my Kindle. As I lied in bed with a baby nursing and my arm hurting from the side-lying position (which has been my permanent position for the past six months), I read the book thinking "yeah right." The next day, exhausted from nursing all night and from getting very little real sleep I decided that enough was enough. I love my baby. I don't mind nursing and co-sleeping, but I knew that she was not getting enough sleep and neither was I. We were both very cranky and exhausted for the past few months. It's easier when you have children close in age (at least it was for me)because you are all pretty much on the same schedule. However, this baby is number four and eight years apart from the last child, which means that she goes to many events and is constantly on the go. Being on the go hasn't allowed for a structured nap schedule which means that I HAVE to give her as much "real" sleep at night as possible. What we had been doing was nurse-sleeping and she was in a constant state of light sleep. Anyway, I JUST started The Sleepeasy Solution last night and baby slept in her co-sleeper for 12 hours! The hardest part were the first 30 minutes. Tonight, she went down at 8:00 PM and only fussed for about 7 minutes. I never got to the second or third check-ins. I like this solution because unlike the Ferber Method you don't just let the baby cry it out. This solution is much more friendly and you can customize it to fit your needs. I mean you don't want to customize so much that you are doing the same old thing that didn't work for you to begin with, but you can change the structure a little. It'll probably take longer to yield results if you don't follow it to the T, but it'll still work. I highly recommend this book and I highly recommend you do follow it as written because you will get results almost instantly. This morning I started to feel like my old self and my baby woke up with a big smile on her face. We thoroughly enjoyed our day with lots of play time and happy moments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath - Personal picture

Weather

 
Random Entries Blog Design by Ipietoon