Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Little Fashionista

It's important for me to instill modesty in my children, especially my little girl.  Nowadays women everywhere are portrayed as carnal objects - this has spilled into teen fashion and even more scary, girls' fashion.  My daughter is VERY observant and my dressing has changed tremendously throughout the years.  As a young adult I wasn't the most modest person.  Being a New Yorker in the music & fashion industry all I wanted was to have the latest fashion and to be noticed.  Although, I am still not on top of the modesty chain, I believe that I hold a healthy balance and will pray to achieve more humility.  I believe that my daughter has a healthy view of her body and on self -virtue, however, she is going through this odd phase.  She is sooooooo into fashion.  She went from being this sort of "town-boy" who could care less if she matched, her hair was brushed, or the cuteness of her outfit to (in a matter of weeks) a little fashionista who cares about her appearance.  Caring about her appearance is important and I am happy for this change, especially when I can get her to wear a girly dress for church, but it's the emphasis on looking "cute" that concerns me.  I am hoping this is a phase and I as long as I don't see her being vain I will let her sort through her feelings, with a stern eye on the situation, of course.  I guess I am just feeling weird about my little girl growing up.  Did I mention that she is a gifted student who brought home a perfect report card and is on the honor roll?  She is creative, loving, giving, and so many other wonderful things.  Should I really be letting this small phase bother me?  Maybe not.  I just worry about worldly views and about my little girl being tainted with whats around her.  Please pray for me, that I may be a healthy role model for my daughter. Also pray that the good Lord will continue to put positive and virtuous friends in her path.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath - Personal picture

Weather

 
Random Entries Blog Design by Ipietoon