Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Making a Father's Day Carrot Cake...

...for my husband.

He loves, loves, loves my carrot cake, so although it's lots of work - he deserves it.




















That golden delicious apple is part of my secret recipe.
"An apple in a carrot cake?" you may ask, maybe, I reply... h
ehehehe.










Okay, here there are, finally in the oven.









And now they're cooling off and are ready to be iced.
Will be back later to show the finished result.
Now I have to make another mess.
Love making ic
ing from scratch.
Despise the messy confectioner's sugar.
Oh, and don't bother looking at these pictures for hints of my secret rec
ipe,
I kept most of the ingredients out of the camera's view... BOOHAHAHAHA.

Okay, I am back. My cake got it's first layer of icing - the crumb icing and it's chilling in the fridge (hahahaha, no pun intended).










An hour has passed and I have finished icing the cake and putting the nuts on it. It looks so yummy. I cannot wait for him to see it tomorrow. He will be so happy.



















Now I have to go marinate the pernil (roast pork shoulder) for his dinner.

Oh, one more thing - I will share with you one of my secret ingredients,









I use only 100% organic Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract. Yummmmm!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath - Personal picture

Weather

 
Random Entries Blog Design by Ipietoon